Access to your full medical records online
You can now gain online access to your full medical record at Beaumont Leys Health Centre. This is for patients who are already registered for Patient Online Service and for new patients wanting to register.
If you already have a username and password for Patient Online Services then you will just need to complete the following steps:
- Log-in to your Systmonline account and request access to your records.
- A task will then be sent to the practice for them to make your GP aware of the request.
- A member of our team will then contact you to complete a consent form and to bring a form of ID to reception.
- Once your ID has been presented, your GP will be notified to check your record is up to date and complete.
- Once completed an email will be sent to notify you that your record is available online.
All new patients requesting access to the Patient Online Service will be asked if they would like access to their full record.
Summary Care Record
There is a new Central NHS Computer System called the Summary Care Record (SCR). It is an electronic record which contains information about the medicines you take, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had.
Why do I need a Summary Care Record?
Storing information in one place makes it easier for healthcare staff to treat you in an emergency, or when your GP practice is closed.
This information could make a difference to how a doctor decides to care for you, for example which medicines they choose to prescribe for you.
Who can see it?
Only healthcare staff involved in your care can see your Summary Care Record.
How do I know if I have one?
Over half of the population of England now have a Summary Care Record. You can find out whether Summary Care Records have come to your area by looking at our interactive map or by asking your GP
Do I have to have one?
No, it is not compulsory. If you choose to opt out of the scheme, then you will need to complete a form and bring it along to the surgery. You can find a copy of the form here: SCR Opt Out Form
For further information visit the NHS Digital website